Apple releases annually a major software update containing fixes for their iOS and some cool new features for their customers to enjoy. But aside from the updates announced during Apple’s event launch, the company also releases minor software changes to keep their devices running smoothly.
Since iOS is constantly developing its mobile operating system, recent times brought us some really satisfying features and improvements. Here are key changes in recent iOS:
- Dark mode – giving apps beautiful dark color, saving energy, easier on eyes and allowing for scheduling for maximum satisfaction
- Contacts API – hundreds of new, more specific relationship labels in Contacts help users manage their growing contact lists.
- Login with Apple – sign in to apps and websites quickly and easily using the Apple ID you already have.
- Maps – the brand-new map features significantly improved and more realistic details, with the possibility of exploring where you are going before you get there
- Reminders – the redesigned Reminders app features more powerful and intelligent ways to create, organize, and keep track of your reminders.
- Keyboard – allowing you to write messages by swiping your finger without removing finger from keyboard
- Accessibility – introducing new ways to control your phone entirely with voice
- CarPlay – giving you a single place to keep track of maps, audio controls, and smart
- Siri suggestions
- Photos – allowing you to browse your photo library with different levels of curation, photos are intelligently organized, the editing is easier than ever
- Privacy and Security – letting you totally control your location data, so that no application would be granted access to your location unless you allow it, same goes with wifi and Bluetooth connections
- Siri – the voice is now 100 % generated by software making it sound more natural while speaking longer phrases
- Memoji and messages – grants you an automatically created set of emoji expressions accessible right from the keyboard in iMessage or any other app
- AirPods – you can now connect two iPhones and share the audio on both devices