16,000 – 22,000 PLN B2B depending on experience
Very chilled out atmosphere with hardly any deadlines, startups from the US and Hong Kong
Do you want to do impactful work that will be deployed to millions of citizens weekly? Do you want your input to be heard and taken into consideration? Apply and create a digital future with us!
We’re looking for Ruby developers
for 2 companies
1) The world’s leading cloud-based shipping platform empowering Shopify merchants to drive down shipping costs, save time, and scale globally. Launched in Hong Kong, and then expanded to Singapore and the US. The job purpose is to build and maintain the back-end of web applications, which includes scaling up our RESTful API, optimizing the response time of the API and the proprietary algorithm, and creating a new product that will integrate with the existing platform. Join our diverse team of engineers, sales, and marketing professionals to revolutionize an old-school industry. Help us build the most complete online shipping portal!
2) The best appointment management and scheduling system for salons and spas in the USA. You’ll be meeting a distinct need and will be responsible for independently managing and driving high-level business requirements and developing the technical details behind them.
You may be fit for this role if:
- You are a Ruby OR any other backend language expert! You also have experience working in other backend languages
- You enjoy being a generalist, working on frontend, backend, and infrastructure as needed to solve problems and empower our teams to delight our users. (You don’t need to be an expert in all of these but it helps to be interested in learning about them)
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- You love to learn – you have a track record of pursuing self-directed side projects, research, or open-source projects
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- 3+ years of software development experience, incl. 1+ years of strong experience with Ruby and SQL databases
- English language – B2
- Strong experience building highly scalable systems
- Ability to hold the team to high standards for security and data privacy practices
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other SQL databases, SQL queries, Redis, Sidekiq, Elastic Search, APIs
- Familiar with Git and Git flow; familiar with modern management tools
- Write high standard, beautiful, maintainable, and reusable code
- A background working at startups and product-focused companies
Your responsibilities will be:
- Shape new products that enhance our solution for different target groups
- Participate in the entire product life cycle
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Drive the development of a new product internally
- Work closely with our CTO and product team to establish priorities and manage our technical roadmap
Why work with us?
- No tight deadlines and loose, startup atmosphere
- Impactful work! Your work will be deployed weekly to millions of citizens and your input will be heard and taken into consideration
- Amazing opportunity to develop business skills
- Unique opportunity to meet and work with exceptional and talented Poles
- Direct contact with the founder of the company and extremely experienced CTO
- Further development opportunities and exchanging experience with strong professionals
Remember that you’ll be free to work wherever and whenever you feel like it. Even after the pandemic. We trust you to do your part.
What do we offer?
- 16,000 – 22,000 PLN B2B depending on experience
- 100% REMOTE job
- Choosing your own working hours (even if you prefer to start at 12 noon)
- Work in an international team
- Work in a dynamic startup atmosphere on the projects you choose
- Using English skills on a daily basis
- Company retreats twice a year and local integrations
- Becoming part of a passionate, highly motivated, and professional team
Referral bonus: 3,000 PLN if we hire an engineer based on your recommendation